Sunday, March 4, 2012

More on the future: What will it be like

As I mentioned before, I listen to Doggcatcher when travel instead of the radio.  I listened to two related TED.com talks one right after the other and that have good information.  What I really love is just from there titles they seem to present conflicting ideas. (Note: I mention in one of my previous posts whether Doggcatcher is available for the iphone and like my clueless self the open screen says "podcasting for Android" so that the obvious answer I missed is that it is not available for iphone.

TED: Peter Diamandis: Abundance is our future



TED: Paul Gilding: The Earth is full


Fossil fuels are getting harder produce (or get to), nuclear power has significant grand risks, and I agree that solar has a lot of potential, but I really feel more effort should include Solar Power Satelites (SPS).  I'll write more on it in the future, but Rebecca Costa mentions it in "The Watchman's Rattle".

On the second video, it is obvious to me that we must change our economic system that is based on endless growth.  Not only should it change, or must change, but it will change.

These videos do re-enforce my belief that we can overcome the vast multitude of problems we face.

Most to follow...

No comments: