Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Common Sense is the new buzz word

I am at Barnes & Nobles (RIP Borders) looking for a book in the economics section (How to Measure Anything: Finding the Value of Intangibles in Business) (I got to meet the author last year at PSAM 10 and read his book The Failure of Risk Management: Why It's Broken and How to Fix It and loved it, so I have been meaning to pick up his other ones.)

Note: Looking up a book on the B&N it should be easy to locate what section it is in-- it isn't-- I am looking all over the book page and for the love of god I can't find where to look in the store for it.  It must be in the business section, but there are freaking six separate business sections I saw when I stopped counting. This is definitly something I found to be easier in Borders, respect. I found an ehow article that is no help at all since I should be able to find the specific section a book is in easily on B&N.com. http://www.ehow.com/how_7741143_locate-book-barnes-noble-store.html
All the advice involve speaking to an associate or using an in-store computer.  And all of which are fine, but it should be such an issue to find the damn section the book is in easily.  Ok, rant over.

All I actually wanted to say was I saw the term "common sense" repeatedly used all over the business section.  And what worries me is how obvious it seems that the financial meltdown was after the fact and my conclusion THAT WE HAVE NOT CHANGED A GODDAMN THING AND IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN MUCH WORSE THAN BEFORE!!!  DOES NO ONE ELSE SEE THIS!!!

Please discuss.  (And ignore the fact that I spend a lot more time complaining about off-topic than what this entry is actually about.  or don't.)

No comments: