Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Game of Porclien Thrones

I have since returned from my travels in Japan and I am still dealing with adjusting back to east coast time- but that is for another post.  I figured I would add to my experiences while there.  As I already mentioned, they have the pinnicle of washroom commode technology. So I'll start with some pictures of this technological marvel:

And here is a close up of the arm control panel.  Imagine yourself to be commander of the starship Enterprise just like I did.  Just don’t ask about my sound effects!

Now this is obvious the Cadillac version and winner of the “Games of Thrones”. I did, however, also experience the full variety of posterior mounts (not sure I being as clever I as think at 5:30 in the morning). There are actually normal toilets, but there was also “the Squat”.   Now I have read that squatting, as they do in most of Asia, is much healthier when than our seated position.  I tried it and I stick with our unhealthy seated position.   Unfortunately I didn’t get a picture.  The worst was “the hole”.  I didn’t have the guts to try this model out.  Here is it shown below:

And another perspective:

Just to be complete the urinals were a different style notably going much lower to the floor:

The adventures continue...

No comments: