Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wandering Japan

Last night we took the hotel shuttle to the Kobe city center (I think).  We got spun around and almost totally lost before realizing we weren't very far from our hotel at all.

Once we were oriented we walked the underground shopping district.  This went on for blocks although I have no idea how far it goes.  We feared getting lost again so we didn't last long.


The streets are very narrow and I was always amazed that almost all of them allowed car traffic.



The moon looked awesome last night through the cityscape, but the picture above does not do it justice.

The translated sign, as I mentioned previously, do have some funny results but this one is just distrubing outside a restaurant.

We finished our journey right by china town and ate dinner at a dumpling house.  I found this full-size (actually bigger than actual size) Bruce Lee Statue.


Exhausted by this time we went right back to the hotel.  It has taken four brutal days, but I think I am 90% adjusted to the 14 hour time difference.  Just in time to head back to New York.



2 comments:

Stephanie Barr said...

I'm enjoying your tour of Kobe. I'm jealous given that I'm a serious Otaku.

rocketsciencesense said...

I am glad you are enjoying it. The time change has been killing me, but I have a few more Japan posts which I will get to this weekend.