Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lefty-musically inclined? ambi-aural

I myself am tone deaf. But did know that lab test have revealed that left-handed people are much more perceptive of changes in musical notes? A study in Scientific American magazine stated that “left-handers were just as likely to hear the high tone in their left ear as in their right.” Lefties tend to be ambi-aural as well as ambidextrous!  Aside from a great new vocabulary word I also learned that this is news?  Do most people hear different tone levels in each ear?  I had no idea.

1 comment:

recumbent conspiracy theorist said...

Yep, I play guitars and hand drums. I don't read music but self taught none-the-less. My other skill is sending and receiving Morse code via ham radio. It has been said for many years in that hobby that musicans are predisposed to making good cw ops. The code is all about patterns and spacing/timing issues very much like music.

Personally I've always believed we lefty's are a cut above the masses.