Thursday, July 1, 2010

Book Review: Born to Run

I love to barefoot run. I started three months ago after reading this book:




My story: I started running when I was 14 years old. I used to run three miles every morning before school with my friend Jack (still one of my best friends to this day twenty years later). The joy I used to have running next to my friend in every kind of weather for that 30 minutes each day is something I cannot really do justice with mere words. Anyway as I got older I started getting shin-splints which made me buy more expensive sneakers. That worked, for a little while. Of course I stopped running and then gaining weight. I have spent the majority of my adult life gaining weight. I read "born to run" six months ago after seeing the author on "the Daily show" and it has changed my life. I am now a runner again. I do three miles everyday for the last three months. I did "the grid" a four mile run to honor our fallen soldiers on memorial day. I will do the "cow habor" run in October. I was born to run. check out this book.

No comments: